HardMoneyHome.com Volunteerism and Entrepreneurship Scholarship – Fall 2018
HardMoneyHome.com is offering a $1000 scholarship to an eligible student who has a dedicated interest in volunteerism and entrepreneurship. One student, who will be attending college or university in the Fall of 2018, will receive $1000 for tuition and/or books. The scholarship will be awarded based on a combination of merit and need.
Email your completed questions and 2 required attachments (copy of transcript and video file) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following information should be provided in the email:
- Full name
- Mailing address and street address, if different
- Phone number
- Email address
- Area of study
- Name and mailing address of the university or college accepted into for the Fall of 2018
- Anticipated date of graduation of university or college
- Your current GPA (high school or university/college)
- Do you agree that your application materials may be used by HardMoneyHome.com via social media, on the World Wide Web, and other media to raise awareness about volunteerism and entrepreneurship? Yes or no?
- Name and mailing address of organization(s) where you volunteered
- Name and contact information for supervisor at organization(s) where you volunteered
- Scan and attach copy of current (high school or university/college) transcript
- Video file (.mov, .mp4, .avi, or .mpeg)(3 minutes maximum)
In video format, please provide answers to the five questions below:
- Please share your volunteering story with us. Where have you volunteered and what were your duties?
- How long have you been volunteering and how many hours have you dedicated to volunteering?
- What have you learned from your experience as a volunteer? How has this experience affected you?
- Please tell us about your interest in entrepreneurship. Why do you want to become an entrepreneur?
- Do you have specific plans to start a business, organization, or non-profit or have you started a business, organization, or non-profit already?
- What will you be studying in school in the Fall of 2018 and how has your role as a volunteer and your interest in entrepreneurship influenced this choice of study?
- Why should you receive this scholarship and how will it help you?
- Students must be attending a two or four year university or college in the Fall of 2018. They must have been involved in volunteering for an organization during the past year (2017-2018). They must have an interest in starting a business, organization, or non-profit in the future or have already started a business, organization, or non-profit.
- HardMoneyHome.com employees and their family members are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Submission of application is regarded as acknowledgement and adherence to the following agreement guidelines below.
- Application must be submitted by July 15, 2018. Scholarship winners will be notified by August 1, 2018.
- Applicant agrees that the information in application is truthful and applicant is fully eligible to participate.
- Applicant acknowledges that if he/she receives the scholarship, funds will be delivered directly to him/her for tuition and/or books.
- Applicant acknowledges that submission of more than one application per year by the same individual will result in disqualification.
- Applicant verifies that everything required is included in submission. Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- If stated, applicant agrees that HardMoneyHome.com may use their application materials via social media, on the World Wide Web, and other media to raise awareness about entrepreneurship and volunteerism. Applicant agrees that his/her entry is regarded as permission to use their content in its entirety or edited as needed.
- Applicant acknowledges that all scholarship entries to HardMoneyHome.com are the property of HardMoneyHome.com and will not be returned.
- Applicant understands that HardMoneyHome.com may choose to not award or to withdraw the scholarship for any reason.
- Judging will be based on the following criteria, that include, but are not limited to:
- Quality of submission content.
- Degree of dedication student has shown towards having a career as an entrepreneur and towards commitment to volunteerism.
- Impact the scholarship will make on the life of the student.
- Whether the applicant has addressed the application questions and satisfied the application guidelines.
- Scholarship winners will be notified by August 1, 2018.
- The winner of the HardMoneyHome.com Volunteerism and Entrepreneurship Scholarship will receive $1000 for tuition and/or books paid directly to the recipient.