Why You Should Invest in Real Estate Instead of Stocks
A good investment portfolio can be the key to a more financially secure future and a better sense of security. While there are many different beliefs and approaches when it comes to investment options—there is no denying that investing in the stock market is one of the most common solutions for those looking to make some serious money.
However, if you have been thinking about investing in stocks—we are encouraging you to stop and take a step back and consider investing in real estate instead. This is why we have listed a few of the many reasons why you should invest in real estate instead of stocks.
- Most people are more familiar with real estate. The average person isn’t as familiar with the complexities of stocks or the different companies that they will be investing in. However, it is much easier for the average person to understand real estate. After all, most of us live in, own or have purchased a home before.
- Real estate doesn’t fluctuate as much as stocks. While real estate can fluctuate a great deal over the long-run, it does not fluctuate very much over the short term. This is something you need to worry about with stock investments and something that can be difficult for inexperienced investors as stock prices can fluctuate on the daily.
- A real estate investment is tangible. If you are an investor who wants to be able to see and touch your investment—then real estate is for you.
- You can make a great deal in a short period of time. Most stocks (unless you get the real, rare unicorn) take a long time in order to earn interest. However, if you are able to invest in the right fix and flip property, you can make a lot of money in a matter of months.
- You have more control. When you make any investment, you are investing your hard-earned money. When you invest in real estate, you have much more control over the decisions regarding your investment. When you invest in stocks you are part of a very, very small percentage of the controlling state of that investment. This is a great way to make sure you know how your money is working for you.
This doesn’t mean that stocks are a bad investment—we are just encouraging you to take a look at real estate instead if you are looking for an investment that can lead to better gains. If you are looking to make a smart investment with your money, consider investing in real estate to start making more for your future.